Wednesday, October 1, 2008

waiting.

Last night I received a phone call from a very dear friend of mine, Jill. She is one of those friends that speaks truth to you all of the the time. She is my defender. She stands behind me, fighting for me and making sure that my back is covered in battle. I love her. I'm blessed by her. Thanks, God. :)
During this phone conversation she tells me to read Isaiah 30:18 "Therefore, the Lord waits to be gracious to you..." Here is her response, which I asked her to email me, to this verse - 

"Then Jon Courson (a pastor out in Oregon), in his commentary refers also to the story in 1 Samuel, of Hannah crying out to God for a son. Then he explains, 'Hannah wanted a son because she was embarrassed. God, however, wanted a man through whom He could speak to His people. Therefore, in reality, it wasn't so much Hannah waiting for God all those years, but God waiting for Hannah to be in a place where she could say, 'If you bless me with a son, I'll give him to you.'
He also says, 'Wait on me because in reality, I'm waiting on you. there things I want to do for you, in you and through you that are much greater than you can even imagine. I want you to wait on me because I'm waiting for you to see what I want to do in, through, and for your life. I'm waiting for you to get to the place where I can open doors for you and pour out blessing upon you so great that your arms can't even hold it.'"

All I have to say is wow. Who would've ever thought that waiting for the Lord meant that HE was waiting on us. Puts more urgency on my daily surrender... 

No comments: