Monday, October 27, 2008

it's cold outside!

 Top 5 reasons why I love the cold...

5. Coffee, Coffee, Coffee - I can now have my coffee without having to make it frozen and iced. Instead, I can say "extra hot" without them looking at me like I'm a freak. 

4. The leaves. Let's be honest, when you live in the south, the leaves do not truly start turning until late October. I love seeing the leaves change. The colors make me so happy. red, gold, brown, purple... beautiful...

3. Red noses and cheeks. I love watching people walk inside after being out in the cold. Their faces, along with my own are cold and flushed. So adorable. I don't know how someone could disagree with me here. 

2. Fires. YES! Now it is acceptable to have fires. The conversations that are had around a bonfire and around the fireplace are irreplaceable. Everyone is snuggled up in blankets and place themselves as close as possible to the fire without getting burned. The best is when you watch people rotate around like rotisserie chickens. ha!

1. Scarves! I LOVE wearing scarves. Whoever invented scarves, let this be my thank you. They make so much sense. They keep the wind out of your face if you pull it up around your nose. They always keep your neck warm. They also serve to accessorize when all you have on is a big coat. I love it. 

Please do the same and think of reasons why you love the weather. It makes you appreciate the small things. Thanks for listening...


No comments: