Tuesday, September 23, 2008

where to begin?

I am not much of a writer. I say this only to warn you that I do not attain the eloquent speech that I see from others. However, I am starting this blog only because I long to tell you all that is going on within my heart. I love to be known. I wish I could call each one of you every single day, and tell you what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what it is that I am learning. But, let's be realistic here, it's just not going to happen... 

For the last 54 days I have been living and working in Auburn. And though I have my times of loneliness and my times of emotional breakdowns (I try to convince myself that this is healthy), I have loved every moment of it. I have been blessed to be able to be a part of an amazing team. Every single person has brought me so much laughter and I could not imagine being anywhere else. I know without a shadow of a doubt that this is where the Lord has me. He has placed me here to fall deeper and deeper in love with Him. It's deeper than just a "I love God" thought process though. It's in my heart, it's in my thoughts. I miss Him when I am not spending time with Him. He is bringing me to new places with Him. New thoughts on who He is, new feelings of my love for Him. Even my friendships with others are new. He is singing over me a new song. And I couldn't be a happier audience member. 

Here is a song that I've come to love again. I feel like it gives me and you a better description of where I am right now... 

"Comfortable, don't get comfortable 
I am going to move this mountain, 
then i'm gonna move you in. 
Yesterday, this is not yesterday.
You were standing on my shoulders 
Now you're standing on the edge. 
You were looking for a sign all this time. 

I am gonna show you what I mean. 
I am gonna love like you've never seen.
You are going to live like you used to dream 
This is your new song

So afraid, but you don't have to be afraid
Even if make mistakes 
You know that i'll remain
You were looking for a sign all this time 
If you seek you'll find me every time 

Can you feel the call of love - is it moving you?
to be a child of God of love - is it reaching you?
It's everywhere the call of love

I just want to show you what I mean.
I just want to love like you've never seen. 
do you want to live like you used to dream? 
'Cause i've got a song for you!"

I look forward to sharing my life with you :)

-han

No comments: