Thursday, September 25, 2008

dead man walking.

How often do I think that I am the one in control... and how often I am wrong! Recently, I sat down with a friend and spoke of the direction I feel the Lord moving me. I told her that I am no longer in control of my heart. My Lord has loosened the grasp that my hands might have had on it before now. I'm not even sure it's anywhere in my reach. And thank goodness. I have experienced the Potter's hands upon me. He has changed and rearranged my heart for the lost and the nations. He has broken my heart for what breaks His. I am hurting over a nation in which I know nothing. All I know is their desperate need for a Savior. Tears stream down my face for this burden. He has taken me to new heights in His gospel.

"Whoever does not bear his own cross and follow me cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:28

I abandon any thoughts of myself. I abandon anything that once was mine. I abandon my plans. I abandon my flesh. I abandon my life completely. I have fallen in love with and tasted Something more than this life. So, therefore, I embrace my King and His throne. I embrace His crazy plan for my life. I embrace His best. I embrace His words. I embrace His teaching. I embrace being dead. I embrace Him. 

No comments: