Wednesday, April 8, 2009

treadmills.

So, yesterday, I was running on the treadmill. I've heard many horror stories about people falling off of treadmills, slipping and falling, and busting open their chin or their heads. I'm always in fear that something like this will happen... 

Thank goodness this story does not end like that, but I will say I was close. I didn't fall COMPLETELY off of the treadmill, but instead I slipped. I braced myself thank goodness. My foot stepped halfway on the moving tread part, and the stable side. My hands reached out to the dashboard of the machine stabilizing my body from tipping over. I think the worst part about this is not that I tripped, but that I looked around and there was no one to laugh with! Everyone ignored me. I got a few glances, but no one smiled or laughed with me. What in the world? It was funny! I needed someone to laugh with me. But, I just smiled and laughed at myself instead. Which made me laugh even harder. Please promise me that when you see someone do something stupid like that not to ignore him or her, but to laugh with them. It makes the situation so much better. Please and thank you. :) 

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I Promise. Don't ever fear that I wouldn't laugh with you. I mean, what else do we do?