Monday, February 9, 2009

taken.

Last night, I went to see the movie, "Taken", with some friends. What I watched was not what I was expecting. It is a movie about a father and a daughter. She decides to take a trip overseas. While she is there, she is kidnapped and sold for sex. The father then sets his mind on finding her and does not give up. He pursues and fights and pursues and fights. I walked away from this movie with mixed emotions. I walked away with a sense of pride and protection by knowing that the God that I serve is my perfect Father who pursues me and fights for me and protects me at all costs. I saw an example of His love, His deep love for His daughters. When we are caught up in the ways of the enemy, He finds us, fights for us, and frees us from all of our adversaries. I also walked away with a deep hurt for those women in the world that are being sold into prostitution and sex. It cuts me deep to even try to put myself in that position. A life full of feeling worthless and lack of feeling treasured, how can one think? 

This morning I read Psalm 10, again being reassured by the Father that He is there. He is taking care of His people. 

"In arrogance the wicked hotly pursue the poor;
let them be caught in the schemes that they have devised. 
For the wicked boasts of the desires of his soul,
and the one greedy for gain curses and renounces the Lord...
he lurks in ambush like a lion in his thicket;
he lurks that he may seize the poor;
he seizes the poor when he draws them into his net...
Arise O Lord; O God, lift up your hand; 
forget not the afflicted,
But you do see, for you note 
the mischief and vexation,
that you may take it into your hands;
to you the helpless commits himself; 
you have been the helper of the fatherless.
O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted;
you will strengthen their heart;
you will incline your ear to do justice 
to the fatherless and the oppressed,
so that man who is of the earth may strike
terror no more."

He is faithful to the oppressed and beaten. That is what I cling to this morning with my heavy heart. 

No comments: