Thursday, January 15, 2009

revealer of mysteries.

Lately, my life seems to be a big ball of uncertainty. Starting this August, I am without a job, and therefore I have no clue what I will be doing, where I will be going, with whom I will be around. A nomad, really, a wonderer. The flesh and old self that still comes around every now and then would like to start hyperventilating and anxiety would control me. I would start planning and figuring out the next few years of my life. I am not a planner, but I would tell myself to start practicing because mysteries and unknowing is not something that I enjoy. However, I am continually learning that my life is not about me. My life is not for me to have things figured out. My life is here on this earth to reflect the glory of the Lord, who is Almighty and Powerful and All knowing and Sovereign and nothing is out of His control. So, as I write this, I take a deep sigh of relief. He is taking care of me. He has given me the strength to continue on in my trust with Him. Who am I to not trust the creator of the universe? He is the revealer of mysteries. 

This morning I was reading through the book of Daniel. He used this book to show me that He will show me August, but in His timing. I am clinging to these verses, clinging to the truth of who It is, this God that I serve...

"... God gave them learning and skill in all literature and wisdom, and Daniel had understanding in all visions and dreams." Daniel 1:17

"he reveals deep and hidden things; he know what is in the darkness, and the light dwells within him." Daniel 2:22

"but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to us  what will be in the latter days." Daniel 2:28

" Truly, your God is God of gods and Lord of kings, and a revealer of mysteries." Daniel 2:47
 

No comments: