Sunday, November 16, 2008

fashioned.

i've been on the brink of tears all day. it was one of those days that, at any moment of the day, you could snap your fingers and I could fall to the floor balling. Depressed, hannah? you ask. No. Just in one of those moods. For those of you, that are males and do not understand this concept, I apologize. It is for some reason, a "gift" that has been given to us females that, unfortunately, I've heard you will never fully grasp. If you want, you could skip ahead and wait for the next blog. Female readers, sympathize with me, would you please? I feel like an alien sometimes. I feel like someone has taken the regular me and placed a psychotic and extremely way too emotional other me instead. Any show on television makes me cry. Talking in the kitchen with a friend makes me cry when it gets serious. Hearing my phone ring and seeing "home" come up on the screen makes me cry. Saying goodbye to friends that I have been saying bye to regularly for about a year now, knowing I'll see them in a month makes me cry. It is anything and everything. In these moments, I begin to realize my desperate need for something more... my need for my Savior. I am in need of knowing my God that I serve so that I can understand how and why He made me like I am. I need to dive into the scriptures that are written with truth, not feelings. In reading in Genesis, I notice that God made man, but He fashioned woman. We were made more intricately. By the hands of my love, I wasn't just put together, but I was put together with thought, with care, with wisdom. 

The hands of the Mighty One fashioned me... So, in the moments like today, I close my eyes and picture myself in his hands. Because that is WHY he made me to cry like I do, so that it would draw me into his chambers. 

No comments: